I’m not a basketball player by any means. I do love basketball. I am 5’1.5”. This means that when I play basketball I am usually the shortest person on the court. When I play basketball, whether in a game or in practice, I get certain thoughts regarding my circumstance on the basketball court.
- Why am I practicing layups if I am never going to be able to attempt a layup in a real game?
- On that note, I don’t even know how to do a layup properly. Not that it matters because layups attempted by me will get easily blocked.
- Making three throws without jumping is really hard… if you don’t rely on your thigh muscle.
- Making three pointers require not only enough force to get the ball to the rim but enough force so that the ball goes high enough to prevent blocking.
- Visibility is always reduced when having the ball on my hand.
- Am I really that valuable to the team?
- Am I running to run or is my running going to be worth it?
- Blocking a shot is a miracle… or an indicator that the other person sucks at shooting the ball and results in the ball hitting my nose.